Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Iron Man...my hero.

Does it count if I've been thinking of posting something, but just haven't gotten around to it? I vote yes.

My life has been pretty busy lately! I've been working, catering, writing, eating...and I did something to my back on Sunday. I've been out for a few days, but today has been the first day when I've actually felt normal. Praise God! This morning, I went to the chiropractor for the first time in about 3 years! He adjusted me and I think I'm all set for my trip to Dallas, Texas tomorrow! My first time ever on a plane! Can you believe it?? I was nervous earlier...but now I'm excited. :)

Speaking of Dallas, I want to tell you something...you folks are like my conscience, so I feel like I should tell you.  

I don't think I'll be eating all raw while I'm there.  *gulp*

When I went all raw in January, I decided that I would never let it become an obsession or take it so far as to be rude to people. I want to keep both feet on the ground.  So, since I'm staying with friends, and they won't be eating raw, I'm not going to make a big deal about it... and that's that.  Plus, I've never been to Texas and I hear the food is great. :)

Now, onto our inspirational picture and quote!

"I'm sorry.  This is the fun-vee...the hum-drum-vee is back there..."
This, ladies and gentlemen, is Tony Stark...aka. Iron Man. Do you see what he's drinking?? 

um. that's a green smoothie.

Radical, huh? And if he's drinking it, well....I'm gonna drink it.  And right now you may be asking yourself "why the random Iron Man quote?"  Well, besides the fact that I like the quote (a lot), to me, eating healthy and raw is like driving in the "fun vee."  It's always an adventure, it's never boring, and it makes the body super happy. Going back to my old eating habits would be like driving in "hum-drum-vee" cause it makes me feel hum-drum.

And we don't want that.
Chow!

2 comments:

  1. I don't think there's a thing wrong with stepping out of eating raw for a while. I would feel the same way as you about it. I would do it when it felt right for me, and if I was in the same position as you, I would do exactly what you're doing...eating whatever your friends make while you're visiting them.

    As for Iron Man...uh...I'm not at all familiar with him. Guess I'm out of the loop. :)

    Hope you enjoy the plane trip and Texas! Have lots of fun, sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wanna hear about Texas!!! facebook and twitter gave me little peeks into the excitement ;)

    ReplyDelete